How to Apply
- Submit an application for the program using the apply now button on this page, along with a non-refundable $325 application fee.
- Watch your email—you will receive an admissions decision within two to three weeks from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once accepted into the program, you will be invited to apply for individual courses.
Courses are priced individually and participants must pay the course fee at the time of enrollment. The Professional Certificate program in 2022 is $17,600 USD (not including the non-refundable $325 application for candidacy fee) for five qualifying courses. By enrolling in the entire certificate program in a single year, you will receive a 15 percent discount for a total cost of $14,960 USD, a savings of $2,640 USD. Further discounts cannot be applied. Program and course fees include tuition, materials, and some meals. Fees do not include accommodations. Please note that program and course dates, fees, and faculty are subject to change without notice.
MIT Center for Real Estate industry partners receive discounts as part of their membership benefits. Find out if your firm is an industry partner, and if it is, please contact email@example.com to confirm you have the latest discount code. Please use this code when you register, as discounts cannot be applied retroactively.
Take advantage of a special multi-program discount by registering for five qualifying courses in a single season. Apply via the Application for Candidacy. MIT Professional Education’s fee for all five courses in 2022 is $17,600 USD (not including the non-refundable $325 application for candidacy fee); by enrolling in the entire certificate program in a single year, you will receive a 15 percent discount for a total cost of $14,960 USD, a savings of $2,640 USD. Please note that these prices reflect the current 2022 fees and are subject to change. Further discounts cannot be applied.
To support the professional practice of public agencies and external non-profit organizations, the MIT Center for Real Estate encourages leadership and development by offering two partial need-based scholarships to professionals in these important areas.
Note: Scholarship applicants should not register for the program until scholarship decisions have been released.
To apply, individuals must submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Personal statement on organization letterhead (more information below)
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor or professional reference
- Applicants working for a non-profit organization must also submit a copy of the IRS letter confirming his or her organization’s tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
An applicant’s personal statement should be at least one page in length and address the following points:
- Explain your commitment to the public or non-profit real estate sector
- Describe how these courses will benefit you
- Describe how these courses will improve your organization’s capacity to advance its objectives
In the event that an agency or organization has multiple employees applying for scholarships, each employee must submit an independent application.
Any questions regarding the scholarship should be directed to email@example.com.
- Full scholarships are not available
- Scholarships are only available for participants who will complete the entire program in one year
Scholarships will be reviewed on a rolling basis; please apply as soon as possible.
Each year, the Professional Certificate Program in Real Estate Finance & Development runs on the MIT campus.
MIT is located in the intellectual, exciting, and vibrant city of Cambridge, Massachusetts, nestled next to the state capital of Boston and right on the Charles River. MIT is located in Kendall Square, an innovation hub with more startups than any other place in the world (for example, at CIC). Take time to visit historic Boston while here—catch a Red Sox game, go whale watching, visit world-class museums, take a boat ride on the Charles River, visit Quincy Market, or explore other local area colleges. TripAdvisor's Best of Boston Tourism list may be a good resource.