THIS COURSE MAY BE TAKEN INDIVIDUALLY OR AS PART OF THE PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN INNOVATION & TECHNOLOGY.
The most successful companies in the world are harnessing digital transformation to create radically new customer experiences, compelling products and services, and business ecosystems. In Digital Transformation, Value Creation, and Breakthrough Innovation, you’ll learn how to apply the latest tools and technologies to take your organization to the next level.
Led by innovation and design-thinking experts, this dynamic, three-day course features case study discussions, interactive lectures, and hands-on exercises. By focusing on a unique framework, organizational self-assessment, and innovation-centric process, you’ll discover how to develop breakthrough innovations, gain valuable insights into consumers’ needs, and influence key stakeholders.
Specifically, you’ll learn the Four-Phase Digital Transformation Framework and how to leverage it to realize the potential of digital technologies ranging from the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to robotics and machine learning. In addition, you’ll explore how the Three-Step Experience Centerlining Process is at the heart of creating breakthrough user-experiences. By the end of the course, you’ll return to your organization with the beginning of a roadmap for real digital transformation that can positively disrupt your industry.
- Leverage the power and potential of digital technologies—in particular, AI/machine learning, IoT, and robotics—to drive business transformation and create value
- Apply advanced Design-Thinking techniques to create breakthrough innovations
- Understand and manage the complex network of stakeholders involved in any project
- Conceive new user experiences in areas where there is no prior solution to leverage
- Overcome organizational obstacles and gain the traction to drive implementation
- Build a business that fosters mutually beneficial partnerships to create robust ecosystems, develop new products, and enhance the user experience
Who Should Attend
Digital Transformation, Value Creation, and Breakthrough Innovation is designed for managers who are instrumental in driving digital transformation, creating new products, and developing overall business strategy. In particular, this course is appropriate for leaders working in medium or large established companies that create products or services that leverage hardware and software, such as aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics, luxury goods, consumer products, furniture, and home products.
Please bring a laptop or tablet to class.
- Overview of digital technologies including smartphones, cloud, IoT, AI/machine learning, and advanced robotics
- Five forces that characterize the economic impact of digital technologies
- Key steps in the digital transformation, becoming a digital explorer, and building digital business and digital ecosystems
- Organizational self-assessment
- The core of innovation in the organization
- Three-Step Experience Centerlining Process
- K-script articulation process
- K-matrix white-space innovation
- Overview of digital platforms, business ecosystems, co-evolution, bottlenecks, and value capture
- Ways to overcome organizational obstacles
- Exercise on roadmapping your digital transformation
- Presentation of roadmaps