THIS COURSE MAY BE TAKEN INDIVIDUALLY OR AS PART OF THE Professional Certificate in Digital Transformation
"To operate in intercultural environments, it is necessary to recognize, accept and appreciate differences to other communities. Professionals who are trained in cultural awareness will have a critical ability and view of business that will lead them to success in any negotiation." - Bhaskar Pant, Executive Director of MIT Professional Education
We live in a global and multicultural environment in which we must interact with others and thus, face the need to adapt both within and outside of companies in intercultural terms.
In this context, intercultural skills are critical for individual and professional success; they contribute to the creation of global leadership skills and benefit the entire company.
To guide you towards success in this multicultural world, MIT Professional Education is offering the Cultural Awareness for Global Business program. This program provides a practical focus for understanding culture’s enormous impact and for learning how to apply cultural awareness to the world in which we live.
We want to equip you with the necessary tools to improve your business, your professional work and your intercultural interactions. You will be trained to solve problems and to minimize conflicts with the goal of taking advantage of diversity and inclusion to make your company more competitive. This program will help you develop within a context of cultural diversity and to operate effectively in your business, beyond cultures and borders.
- Learn about the concept of culture and its relationship to language and communication.
- See why and how the cultures in our professional environments differ from each other.
- Discover how and why cultural differences impact the global economy.
- Find out how to successfully conduct business in a multicultural setting.
- Learn to avoid common communication problems that are caused by culturally-shaped differences in expected etiquette and non-verbal communication practices.
Who Should Attend
Cultural Awareness for Global Business is a multidisciplinary online program that is relevant across industries and sectors. It is tailored to any professional looking to develop their abilities to perform satisfactorily in cross-cultural environments, especially international business environments.