Last Updated: May 21, 2020
MIT is tracking the Covid-19 (coronavirus) situation daily. Updates at the Institution level can be found at covid19.mit.edu.
At MIT Professional Education, we understand these are unusual times. We have prepared an FAQ below to provide guidance as you consider registering for our two-to-five day Short Programs courses, Digital Plus online-blended programs, courses abroad through our international programs, enrolling in regular MIT academic courses through our Advanced Study Program, or creating a custom program designed specifically for your organization.
Please check here regularly for any updates.
Yes, our programs are open for registration. It may not be business as usual, but your professional goals have not disappeared—and neither has our commitment to helping you achieve them. That is why we are offering a number of targeted professional education opportunities this summer to help you to take a deeper dive and advance your skills. Our classes are being delivered in two formats: live virtual, and online.
- Our live virtual courses, offered through Short Programs, are taught by MIT faculty in real-time over Zoom. These two-to-five day classes offer in-depth learning with breakout sessions and networking opportunities. Click here to view our live virtual offerings. In this video, MIT professor Markus Buehler discusses the benefits of our new live virtual format offered by Short Programs.
- Our online, multi-week courses are offered through Digital Plus Programs. These courses provide an interactive and collaborative learning experience, and you have the flexibility to complete course materials throughout the week at your own pace.
Both options blend our cutting-edge content with the best of online technology to create a seamless learning experience—enabling you to develop the skills you need to pursue your most ambitious goals.
- To view and register for our two-to-five day live virtual courses offered through Short Programs, and our online-blended courses offered through Digital Plus Programs, please visit our course catalog to register.
- To learn about our Advanced Study Program offering the opportunity to enroll in MIT classes as a non-degree student, please click here. The application deadline for the Spring 2021 semester is November 1, 2020.
- For information on our International Programs, please click here.
- To learn more about how we can create a custom program for your organization, please click here.
No. You do not need to do anything at this time.
If you have registered for a Short Programs course and there are any changes, we will reach out to you via email with information and next steps.
As we collectively face the challenges of a global pandemic, it became increasingly obvious that we cannot hold our Short Programs courses on the MIT campus this summer, especially with the prospect of having a diverse set of enrollees traveling from different parts of the world.
In collaboration with faculty, we identified Short Programs courses that could be delivered in a live virtual format via Zoom and offer the caliber of experience that our participants have come to expect from in-person Short Programs courses at MIT Professional Education. Accordingly, some Short Programs courses have been moved to a live virtual format this summer, and some have been cancelled.
- If you have registered for a Short Programs on-campus course that has been cancelled this summer, you will receive an email from Short Programs notifying you of the cancellation, and that we will issue you a full refund. We invite you to explore our other live virtual and online programs this summer by visiting our course catalog. Please note that participants who attend one of our live virtual Short Programs courses this summer will receive a $500 voucher that can be applied to any in-person, Short Programs course being delivered on-campus during the summer of 2021.
- If you registered for an on-campus course this summer that has been changed to a live virtual format, you will receive an email from our Short Programs team outlining next steps to attend the course via Zoom. If you do not wish to attend the course in the live virtual format, we will waive all cancellation fees and issue you a full refund, if you let us know by the deadline given in the email. The Short Programs primary cancellation policy will apply after the deadline. Please note that participants who attend one of our live virtual Short Programs courses this summer will receive a $500 voucher that can be applied to any in-person, Short Programs course being delivered on-campus during the summer of 2021.
This COVID-19 cancellation policy is subject to change based on the evolving global and domestic situation. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have. For questions related to visas, please review the information on our Travel & Arrival page.
MIT Professional Education offers flexible and convenient online-blended programs through Digital Plus Programs. These 8-week collaborative and interactive online-blended courses cover a range of topics including leadership and innovation, cultural awareness, machine learning, digital transformation, smart manufacturing, blockchain, cloud & dev ops, and more. Learn more at digitalplus.mit.edu or visit our course catalog to register.
MIT Professional Education is offering programs this summer through live virtual and blended-online formats due to COVID-19 related restrictions at the local, national, and global levels. We fully expect to resume our on-campus programs, as guided by the updates provided by the Institute which can be found here: covid19.mit.edu. At this time, we are planning to resume offering on-campus courses through Short Programs in the fall. Please check the course catalog for course offerings and dates.
We can partner with you to develop a course around a topic or area of interest relevant to your company, or you can tailor one of our existing courses to fit your organization’s needs. Custom programs can be offered digitally in an online-blended format, on MIT’s campus, at your company site, or at a site of your choosing. These courses can be a single week or several weeks over the course of a year, or longer, with interrelated projects. For more information, visit customprograms.mit.edu.