English | Spanish
Amidst rapid technological advancements, the internet of things is transforming the way we live and work. In our nine-week Beyond IoT: Sensory Intelligence & Smart Technology program, you’ll explore real-life case studies and the latest research in order to deepen your understanding of the digital tools that are enabling a new generation of sensors—including fundamental sensing, computing, and communication software technologies.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is transforming the way we live and work on an unprecedented scale. Advances in technology make it essential for organizations to ensure they have employees who have a sound knowledge of concepts such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and blockchain.
The driving force behind this program is the recognition that advances in the sciences and technologies of sensors, computation, and communications enable unprecedented opportunities to realize designs for, and scale manufacturing of genius systems and which provide previously unimaginable insight into, and control over, the condition of our world.
This program will use case studies to demonstrate the fundamental concepts and showcase cutting edge research which enable new generations of sensors. Throughout the program you will study the fundamental sensing, computing, and communication software technologies at the core of the recent flurry of activity on IoT+.
The technology for, and uses of automated sensing, thinking and deciding are deeper and richer than IoT, and in this program we want you to grasp the concept of the technology beyond IoT (IoT+). For this reason, we will learn about more than just IoT and simple Machine Learning.
Throughout this program you will study the fundamental sensing, computing, and communication software technologies at the core of the recent flurry of activity on IoT+.
- Be able to assemble, create, specify embedded and IoT+ systems and sensors where hardware and software interact.
- Be able to specify and select commercially available kit or components.
- Design IoT+ products using hardware and software.
- Solve data science problems using modern machine learning techniques.
- Devise solutions for industrial cases (transport, healthcare, and agriculture etc.) using IoT+.
- Lean how to build complete systems that include hardware and software, and about modern, exciting hardware prototyping platforms early in your career.
- Design and deploy telecommunication networks for IoT+ use cases.
- Use sensors, sensing technologies, and embedded systems in the context of IoT+.
- Apply the theory behind the IoT+ to construct real applications and improve them using smart technologies.
Who Should Attend
This program is aimed at:
- Business leaders.
- Engineers and engineering managers.
- Plant managers working in manufacturing.
- Design and manufacturing engineers seeking to learn about data and modeling in a manufacturing environment.
- Data scientists looking to apply their craft to the growing field of smart manufacturing.
- Consultants who want to add value around the latest technology transformations in manufacturing.
Functional and cross-functional teams are encouraged to attend together to accelerate the smart manufacturing adoption process.