In today’s fast-changing business landscape, acquiring new knowledge and skills for real estate finance and development through traditional, concept-led courses can be time-consuming and ineffective. With mentored learning, you can accelerate your learning, increase productivity, have a better grasp of the subject and discover new problem-solving perspectives.
The program mentors coach you to work on hands-on industry relevant projects by data science and machine learning experts via live and personalized mentoring and learning sessions to give you a practical understanding of core concepts.
- Subhodeep Dey - Data Scientist (Project Lead), UnitedHealth Group (India)
- Joseph Deutsch – Data Scientist, Capital One (United States)
- Kalle Bylin - Product Engineer, Modyo (Colombia)
- George Liu – Senior Data Scientist, Chatter Research (Canada)
- Vaibhav Verdhan - Principal Data Scientist, Johnson & Johnson (Ireland)
Master the skills you need with a data science mentor?
Mentors of the Applied Data Science program come with years of experience from top organizations and help you understand best practices and deliver the actionable know-how you need to succeed in your new role. You will be able to quickly gauge the topics taught by MIT Faculty, and gain insights into how these topics are applied at an organizational level. You will also solve real business problems with guidance from your mentors and will be ready to hit the ground running as soon as you walk out of the program.
How do mentorship sessions work?
Mentoring sessions occur in small groups that are called micro classes. You will be grouped with learners with similar years of experience and backgrounds so that the mentors can determine the right pace of teaching, level of techniques, and relevant case studies, to use in order to maximize the benefit. When learning in groups, you can also garner how a practical skill like data science is applied to different industry-specific problems. In addition, you will work with the mentors every weekend to brush up on topics and revisit the concepts you covered earlier.
Mentors take you from conceptualization to implementation by explaining complex concepts and guiding you through hands-on assignments. Here are a few ways mentors add to your learning experience:
- Build tangible skills through interactive, hands-on coding walkthroughs
- Gain Industry expertise from experienced data scientists at globally renowned companies such as Microsoft, Cognizant, Mu Sigma, etc.
- Connect theoretical concepts to actual practical examples of how these analytic techniques are used across various industries
- Engage with your mentor on a deeper level and get support and guidance when making the transition into a data science career
- Prepare for your interviews and foster data-driven problem-solving within teams
Data Science Pre-work
As an aspiring data science professional, Python and statistics play a valuable part in your toolkit. The pre-work lets you acquire foundational knowledge in these subjects and have a better understanding of concepts that are mandatory in data science, such as data handling, feature engineering, and predictive analysis. It helps you best understand the concepts during the live virtual sessions with MIT faculty. Quickly cope with the latest data science practices and implement them as you walk through the program.
Pre-work consists of 7.5 hours of video content along with practice quizzes.
Contact Great Learning for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 617 468 7899 / +91 9606 053 237.