Data is getting created at a rapid pace. It is estimated that more than 2 quintillion bytes of data have been created each day in the last two years. As organizations experience an overflow of data, they are sparing no effort to extract meaningful insights to make smarter business decisions. In order to help you unravel the true worth of data, MIT Professional Education offers Applied Data Science Program, which aims to prepare data-driven decision makers for the future.
In this program that lasts for 12 weeks, you will be able to upgrade your data analytics skills by learning the theory and practical application of supervised and unsupervised learning, time-series analysis, neural networks, recommendation engines, regression, and computer vision, to name a few.
Upon successful fulfillment of requirements, you will receive a certificate of completion from MIT Professional Education at the end of the program.
- Understand the intricacies of data science techniques and their applications to real-world problems.
- Implement various machine learning techniques to solve complex problems and make data-driven business decisions.
- Explore the realms of Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks, and how they can be applied to areas such as Computer Vision.
- Develop strong foundations in Python, mathematics, and statistics for data science.
- Understand the theory behind recommendation systems and explore their applications to multiple industries and business contexts.
- Build an industry-ready portfolio of projects to demonstrate your ability to extract business insights from data.
Prerequisites: Basic knowledge of Computer Programming and Statistics
Who Should Attend
- Professionals who are interested in a career in Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Professionals interested in leading Data Science and Machine Learning initiatives at their companies.
- Entrepreneurs interested in innovation using Data Science and Machine Learning.
MIT Professional Education's Applied Data Science Program, with curriculum developed and taught by MIT faculty, is delivered in collaboration with Great Learning. Unique to the Applied Data Science Program is a dedicated Program Manager, provided by Great Learning, who will be your single point of contact for all academic and non-academic queries in the program. They will keep track of your learning journey, give you personalized feedback, and the required nudges to ensure your success.
The program is 12 weeks long:
- 2 weeks for foundations
- 6 weeks of core curriculum, including practical applications
- 1 week for project submissions
- 3 weeks for a final, integrative Capstone project
Week 1&2 - Module 1
Foundations for Data Science
- Python Foundations - Libraries: Pandas, NumPy, Arrays and Matrix handling, Visualization, Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA)
- Statistics Foundations: Basic/Descriptive Statistics, Distributions (Binomial, Poisson, etc.), Bayes, Inferential Statistics
Week 3 - Module 2
Data Analysis & Visualization
- Exploratory Data Analysis, Visualization (PCA, MDS and t-SNE) for visualization and batch correction
- Introduction to Unsupervised Learning: Clustering includes - Hierarchical,
- K-Means, DBSCAN, Gaussian Mixture
- Networks: Examples (data as a network versus network to represent dependence among variables), determine important nodes and edges in a network, clustering in a network
Week 4 - Module 3
- Introduction to Supervised Learning -Regression
- Model Evaluation- Cross Validation and Bootstrapping
- Introduction to Supervised Learning-Classification
Week 5 - Module 4
Practical Data Science
- Decision Trees
- Random Forest
- Time Series (Introduction)
Week 6 - Learning Break
Week 7 - Module 5
- Intro to Neural Networks
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- Graph Neural Networks
Week 8 - Module 6
- Intro to Recommendation Systems
- Tensor, NN for Recommendation Systems
Week 9 - Project Week
Time for participants to finish and submit their projects
Week 10-12 - Module 7
- Week 10: Milestone 1
- Week 11: Milestone 2
- Week 12: Synthesis + Presentation
The program coaches you to work on hands-on industry relevant projects by data science and machine learning experts via live and personalized mentoring and learning sessions to give you a practical understanding of core concepts.
- Roman Mozil - Applied Data Scientist, Finning (Canada)
- Subhodeep Dey - Data Scientist (Project Lead), UnitedHealth Group (India)
- Joseph Deutsch – Data Scientist, Capital One (United States)
- Kalle Bylin - Product Engineer, Modyo (Colombia)
- George Liu – Senior Data Scientist, Chatter Research (Canada Area)
- Vaibhav Verdhan - Principal Data Scientist, Johnson & Johnson (Ireland)
Contact Great Learning for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 617 468 7899 / +91 9606 053 237.