Artificial intelligence is a powerful tool—but without the right system-wide architecture in place to support your initiatives, your organization is leaving value on the table. Featuring follow-along coding videos, hands-on activities, and bi-weekly live virtual sessions (i.e. two sessions per week), this dynamic eight-week course is designed to equip you with the skills and strategies you need to deploy an AI system engineering approach that maximizes the value of your digital products and services.
Artificial intelligence (AI) will continue to revolutionize many industries, including energy, consumer products and services, automotive, financial services, national security, healthcare, and advertising. But too often, business and IT leaders take a limited view of AI, focusing almost exclusively on machine learning (ML) methods. But AI technologies are, in fact, key enablers to complex systems. They require not only ML technologies, but also trustworthy data sensors and sources, appropriate data conditioning processes, and a balance between human and machine interactions. In short, organizations must evolve into a systems engineering mindset to optimize their AI investments.
This course may be taken as a standalone program or as part of the Professional Certificate Program in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence (MAC). completing the course will contribute 3 days towards the certificate.
This program will equip professionals to lead, develop, and deploy AI systems in ways that augment human capabilities. Taking a broader, holistic perspective, it emphasizes an AI system architecture approach applied to products and services. To get the most of your AI initiatives, you must consider the entire ecosystem surrounding your AI systems and then recruit and retain talented multi-disciplinary teams to be successful. After this program, you will have the skills to understand the AI fundamentals necessary to develop end-to-end systems, lead AI teams, and successfully deploy AI capabilities.
This program is delivered in collaboration with Emeritus. To download a program brochure, please visit: https://professionalonline1.mit.edu/ai-strategies-roadmap and click the “Download Brochure” button.
- Follow-along video for coding and hands-on activities
- Live Virtual bi-weekly sessions (i.e. two sessions every one week)
- Participants work in teams and use strategic AI development model to deliver program project
- Knowledge tests and hands-on exercises
- Multiple Fireside Chat sessions with industry practitioners
- Understand an end-to-end AI architecture at the system engineering level
- Learn the AI pipeline building blocks
- Experiment via AI exercises and review seminal AI papers
- Communicate your value proposition to stakeholders
- Receive practical experience from the “voice of AI practitioners” across various industries
- Formulate a strategic vision and development plan focused on AI products and services
Who Should Attend
This program is ideal for professionals who are responsible for the successful deployment of AI capabilities and technologies. Program content uses a system engineering approach towards the development and deployment of AI initiatives. Participants are not required to have a deep technical background, and having some familiarity with AI concepts will be helpful. Sample job titles include:
- technical leaders
- product directors
- team leaders
CONNECT WITH AN
EMERITUS PROGRAM ADVISOR