≫ English Version | Spanish Version
For the first time, MIT Professional Education (US) and Esade (Europe) have partnered to deliver a 100% online Professional Certificate Program in Legal Tech in the Digital Era, which covers the six areas essential for technology lawyers to have knowledge of: Legal Tech, Legal Marketing, Key Account Management, Leadership & Innovation, Digital Transformation, and Cloud & DevOps.
During the 13-month course, participants will be exposed to the expertise of both schools, which are leaders in their respective disciplines, namely, technology and law. And after completing the course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills they need to make a difference in the field of technology law.
Date: February 28, 2022
Length: 13 months (8-10 hours/week)
Price: $17,400 USD
(* We are currently offering a special early enrollment discount of 10% before January 25th, 2022)
Why a Certificate that Focuses on Legal Tech?
The legal industry has changed more in recent years than in its entire history. Without a doubt, technology has been a key inducer in evolution, forcing us to rethink business models, processes, and create new areas of law.
Legal tech is the application of technology in the legal sector that requires forethought and knowledge to understand how technology is evolving customer needs.
Law firms and legal departments need to innovate, customers demand efficiencies and process improvements, justice calls for better delivery systems, and regulatory reform efforts predict a new era of private sector involvement in legal service delivery.
Without a doubt, exploring and learning about legal tech is an opportunity for participants in their professional careers, both as entrepreneurs and as lawyers.
Tailored to the specific needs of law firms and legal departments, marketing, and especially legal marketing, provides a tool for understanding the market. Above all it will help to make the right strategic decisions.
After completing the course, participants will know how to position themselves in this digital era, decide on the type of legal services they want to provide, how to apply the marketing mix to create a marketing plan, and how to plan effective commercial actions that are adapted to changes in the market.
- Directors of legal offices and in-house lawyers who need to understand the new legal tech environment to generate more efficient processes and value for their companies.
- Lawyers and legal professionals who want to be at the forefront of providing services to their customers.
- Innovation or technology directors who are interested in learning about the impact of technology on the legal sector.
- Lawyers and other legal professions (e.g. attorneys and notaries) in practice who want to optimize their strategy and positioning and improve their business processes.
- Marketing and management professionals who want to know the specificities of the legal sector.
- Legal consultants working in law firms or legal departments in companies.
As this course is a combination of technology and law, the objective of this certificate is to understand what legal tech is and to understand how it can affect a participant’s professional development and the way they practice their profession.
Participants will explore the most important aspects of legal tech and understand supplier trends, how to engage with suppliers, and develop critical vision.
From a legal perspective, participants will:
- Understand what is happening in the legal market today
- Know how to define a competitive strategy
- Understand how to set strategic objectives in the market
- Know how to carry out a 360º marketing plan (offline – online world)
- Intensify relationships with customers through valuable content
From a technology perspective, participants will:
- Learn to combine excellence in the application of technical capacity with interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Have a deep understanding of globalization and how to operate in this new culture of continuous innovation.
- Discover the technologies that are transforming society and how they are doing it.
- Understand Cloud Computing and DevOps to analyze the best way to harness its potential to achieve secure software design, as well as efficient technological operations.
- Discover how to make reliable decisions based on data and reducing uncertainty.